• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Q&A CPC test

Erica Brown

I received a 68% on my test.not bad for self study and taught,and I am retaking it 08/24, question are the questions the same but just in a different order? I do know there are four version just wondering

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I suspect that some of the questions will be the same. I know it seemed that way when I took the exam the second time. However, they have a huge pool bank of questions to pull for the exam. Unused questions become practice exam questions. If you got the exam that close the first time I think after a little fine tuning you will have no trouble. Blitz your manuals if you have not already done so.

danielle lucero

Hello Erica I got my CPC-A in May of this year. I know of a couple people in my coding class took it several times (2 to 3 times) and they have gotten the same exact test or the questions were very similar to the ones they had on the recent test just tweaked a little.
Hope that helps.

Good Luck!:)

Dani

Hi Erica,

It seems to me that one would concentrate on reviewing the areas of weakness instead of trying to recall questions from the exam. I took a local AAPC chapter CPC exam prep workshop to familiarize myself with the testing methodologies and gain insight into the best methods for prepping the required manuals. I did fairly well on the practice test administered during the workshop. The nice thing was that I was able to determine areas that I needed to review.

When I use sample exams I take each one, review the feedback, study any areas of weakness, take the same sample exam, compare the results to my previous results, review the feedback, repeat until I feel comfortable enough to take the next sample exam.

Persistence pays off. Good luck!

Janice